ASUS is one of the leading motherboard manufacturers in the world; focused on high-end performance motherboards, ASUS does great with Intel's high performance desktop platform. The X99 chipset is Intel's leading high performance consumer platform, and ASUS is bringing their A-game to the market with a wide selection of X99 chipset motherboards. Today, I take a look at one of their mid-range X99 motherboards, the X99-PRO. While it's a mid-range board in ASUS's lineup, compared to most other X99 motherboards, it's a high-end offering.
ASUS decided to break out of the gate quickly with X99, providing some unique features such as the ASUS OC Socket, which offers the ability to greatly improve cache overclocking, and even helps when it comes to memory overclocking. ASUS's X99 motherboards have a sleek white theme which is much different than previous color themes, yet at the same time is very chic.
The X99-PRO has a lot of features one would expect from an X99 motherboard, including M.2 (with 4x PCI-E 3.0), SATA Express, a bunch of USB 3.0 ports, AC WIFI/BT 4.0, and an interesting PCI-E layout. The board supports 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX with both 40 and 28 lane CPUs when you don't use the M.2 slot.
The ASUS X99-PRO is currently $315 on Newegg, which puts it in the mid to high range when it comes to Intel X99-based motherboard prices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-PRO]
- Page 3 [X99-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- Lian Li Lancool II Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate FireCuda 520 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 SSD Review
- Improve your PC performance with ASUS RAMCache III and DDR4 RAM
- Crucial X8 1TB Portable SSD Review
- Kingdom Under Fire II impressions: Burning bright
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit