With our last SD card review of the Premier Pro from ADATA, I came away not sure if anything could stack up to the value that card presented. Alas, ADATA is back at it again with their XPG line of SD cards.
Today, we are fortunate enough to have in the lab the 64GB XPG SDXC card. This card, like the Premier Pro, caries the UHS I U3 specification. Marketing on this card says we should see 95 MB/s read and 85 MB/s write.
MSRP for the XPG UHS I U3 in the 64GB capacity is set at $64.99 with a lifetime warranty.
The ADATA XPG was sent over in its retail form. As you can see, we have plenty of marketing information on the cardboard retainer.
Here we have the back of the packaging. At the top, ADATA has included a table describing how many pictures or how much video can be recorded at each quality setting. As you can see, this card is capable of 160 minutes of 4K video or 965 minutes of Full HD video.
Above, we have our first look at the card itself. On the front, we have the UHS I U3 class designation with expected read and write speeds.
The back of the card carries the same standard pin out as all SD cards.
The ADATA XPG is factory formatted with the exFAT file system, as you can see in the previous image. The usable capacity after formatting is 58.8GB.
Running the XPG through CDM, we found the card was capable of 93MB/s read and 86 MB/s write.
Moving on to Price/Performance, the XPG took over the second spot in our charts at 86 percent. This gives ADATA the top two spots in our SD card charts.
Like the Premier Pro, the ADATA XPG is a great solution for your 4K video needs. In fact, it's a step above the Premier Pro when it comes to performance. On the outside, the build quality is what I expect from a SD card. In testing, the card had no issues whatsoever, so all is good on that front.
Performance of the XPG was outstanding really, and we touched 93 MB/s read and 86 MB/s write, which I do believe are the highest numbers I have ever seen from an SD card. In fact, the only thing holding it back from the top spot in the Price/Performance chart is the price, where it's listed at just over $1/GB.
MSRP for the 64GB ADATA XPG UHS I U3 SDXC card is set at $64.99 with a lifetime warranty.
PRICING: You can find the 64GB ADATA XPG UHS I U3 SDXC card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The 64GB ADATA XPG UHS I U3 SDXC card retails for $129.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- TeamGroup T-Force Cardea Zero Z440 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 SSD Review
- MyDigitalSSD SBXe 480GB NVMe Review
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (Zen 2) Processor Review
- CalDigit Tuff nano Portable SSD Review
- Lian Li Lancool II Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit