The P67 chipset continues to be very present on the market; it shows by the fact that we looked at the Maximus IV Extreme from ASUS just the other week, and if you head on over to Newegg, there's a load of P67 based motherboards not only listed, but also in stock.
Today we're looking at another P67 based board and this one comes from ASRock. The particular board we're looking at today falls into the new Fatal1ty series from ASRock which has so far seen the Fatal1ty P67 Professional. Today we're looking at the Fatal1ty P67 Performance, a board that comes in cheaper than the original Professional version.
While I didn't review the original Fatal1ty P67 Professional, I have had the pleasure of using it as it was the board in our TweakTown Commander PC Benchmarked article we did in April. It was a board that not only looked great, but offered some great performance. Today we'll see if the cheaper "Performance" model can stand out.
Before we get into the Performance of the Performance, though, first we'll check out the package ASRock is offering us. From there we'll take a closer look at the board before getting into the BIOS. Once that's done we'll check out the testbed, the kind of overclock we achieved and then get into the performance side of things.
The front of the box highlights the fact that the board is part of the Fatal1ty series. The back of the box shows us a picture of the board and gives us a run down on some of the major features that are on offer.
As for the contents of the box, we've got some paperwork, our I/O shield and four SATA cables. Along with this we've got an IDE and Floppy cable; not something we've seen recently. With that said, it's a nice inclusion if they're something you're using because they will match the color scheme going on. Along with all this, we've got a 3.5mm audio jack which is used to play audio through the PC when off. It's a feature we've seen on other ASRock boards, so shouldn't come as too much of a surprise for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Go 256GB Review
- Question about how to unlock options in z390 Aorus Master.
- High-Efficient Creator Laptop - GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED (9980HK/RTX 2080)
- Asrock z270 killer sli/ac with RX 580
- Going to Build this for Lighting and rendering. Please give feedback
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit