Earlier this month GIGABYTE invited us over to check out both the Z68X-UD7-B3 and Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboards in Taiwan. Because the preview on the GIGABYTE boards wasn't done in house and didn't include the contents of the package nor our standard photo line-up, we'll be covering the board as we would normally cover one that we hadn't previewed.
That means that we'll start by looking at the box itself before looking at the actual contents of the package. Once that's done we'll have a good look around the motherboard to cover the location of all those important connectors while also covering some of the main features. Once that's done, we'll check out the BIOS and we'll also do something a little different today and cover the new Touch BIOS that GIGABYTE has been heavily promoting.
Once we've done that, we'll cover the overclocking potential we managed to achieve with the board and also talk a little about GIGABYTEs "QuickBoost" feature before getting into the performance side of things.
So with that all said and done, let's not delay any longer and get stuck into the package of the GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 to see exactly what's going on.
In typical GIGABYTE fashion, the Z68X-UD7-B3 box is big and has an absolute wealth of information. Like a book, you can flip open the front and see not only part of the board, but also a diagram as to how the cooling system works and just a bunch more information in relation to the features that are offered on the board.
Inside the box we're pretty stacked when it comes to the bundle. We've got the normal stuff like manuals, driver CD and I/O shield. On the SATA cable front we've got four along with two SATA to eSATA cables. Along with that, we've also got an eSATA power connector and two SLI bridges; one a 3-Way SLI one, the other just an extended bridge.
On top of all that, we've got an eSATA bracket on the right and a dual port, 3.5" USB 3.0 plate that can be installed in the front of your case. Clearly this is one of the larger bundles we've seen to date on the Z68 platform.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Go 256GB Review
- Question about how to unlock options in z390 Aorus Master.
- High-Efficient Creator Laptop - GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED (9980HK/RTX 2080)
- Asrock z270 killer sli/ac with RX 580
- Going to Build this for Lighting and rendering. Please give feedback
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit