Having already previewed three boards that use the Z68 chipset, we already have a good idea of what's going on with the new chipset launched by Intel today. If you haven't already looked at our previews, I'd recommend checking out the ASRock Z68 Pro3 and Extreme4 Preview along with the MSI Z68A-GD80 Preview to get a better idea of what exactly we're dealing with here today.
Also, because we went into so much detail on the motherboards in those previews, we won't be looking at the board or package here today, as everything is covered in extensive detail already. So because we've been able to have a look at this board and others in great detail already, we'll be able to instead get stuck straight into the fun stuff like the BIOS, Overclocking and of course, performance.
Just looking over the boards and the tech documentation that we've received, it seems fairly safe to assume that the Z68 isn't going to be something you'll upgrade to if you're a P67 owner. Instead, it's a slight step up with a couple of new features like Intel Smart Response Technology and fast video encoding via Lucid Virtru. At the same time, you'll probably start to see people pick this chipset over the P67 if the pricing of both is similar.
For now, though, that's all neither here nor there. Let's get into the BIOS and see what ASRock are offering us before looking at overclocking and performance of the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Go 256GB Review
- Question about how to unlock options in z390 Aorus Master.
- High-Efficient Creator Laptop - GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED (9980HK/RTX 2080)
- Asrock z270 killer sli/ac with RX 580
- Going to Build this for Lighting and rendering. Please give feedback
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit