Sapphire has really started to step outside its comfort zone in the last few months and so far has seen some good success with it. The mini PC that Sapphire label the Edge-HD was welcomed by us when we reviewed it here, and their step into the more enthusiast driven motherboards was also received well when we looked at their X58 offering at the start of the year here.
Outside of these little endeavors, though, we continue to see the company go strong in the video card market which has no doubt been their bread and butter for years. Every good video card needs a good motherboard, though, and Sapphire figure why not let it be their motherboard?
While Sapphire did a good job with the X58 chipset, we indeed wondered how they'd go when it came to the newer P67 one. While most will argue that the X58 is the much better platform with Triple Channel memory and proper x16 / x16 lane setups, the P67 platform brings a breath of fresh air into the computer rooms of budding overclockers and general enthusiasts everywhere thanks to its great overclocking ability on the Intel i7 2600k processor.
With some extremely strong options already available, the question is, should the Pure Black P67 Hydra from Sapphire be one we should look at? Well, there's only one way to find out, but before we look at the performance side of things let's first have a much closer look at what exactly the board has to offer.
Checking out the box design, it's similar to that of the X58 we looked at earlier in the year. As for what's inside the box, there's not a whole lot going on. We've got a manual and driver CD along with our back I/O plate and five SATA cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Go 256GB Review
- Question about how to unlock options in z390 Aorus Master.
- High-Efficient Creator Laptop - GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED (9980HK/RTX 2080)
- Asrock z270 killer sli/ac with RX 580
- Going to Build this for Lighting and rendering. Please give feedback
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit