At CES this year we had the chance to talk to ASUS about some of their visions for the coming year as well as specifically about the P67 and Sandy Bridge. We were not surprised to hear that ASUS was thinking a little ahead of what we had heard from the other guys in terms of positioning their products.
Although we have seen other companies streamline their feature sets across an entire product line, what we have not seen is pushing boards in a pre-emptive way to ensure great overclocking. This is what ASUS has done; as we told you before, they are designing all of their new boards to handle a much higher power and thermal envelope from the beginning. This means that you should be able to get some pretty impressive clocks out of even your basic boards.
With that in mind, we are cracking open the box on one of our favourite lines of ASUS motherboards. This is the WS line; we have the P8P67 WS Revolution sitting on the test bench all ready to go. With its support for Three-Way SLI and Crossfire, Intel LAN chip and multiple USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0 ports, it is looking to be a nice new board. So what can this $269.99 motherboard do for you? - Let's find out, shall we?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The BIOS]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Go 256GB Review
- Question about how to unlock options in z390 Aorus Master.
- High-Efficient Creator Laptop - GIGABYTE AERO 15 OLED (9980HK/RTX 2080)
- Asrock z270 killer sli/ac with RX 580
- Going to Build this for Lighting and rendering. Please give feedback
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit