We all know that the global economy is tanking and many consumers are unable to purchase the things that they would typically buy. One of the items that has seen the lowest sales levels in years are notebooks. Despite slow notebook sales consumers are flocking to netbook computers in droves thanks to the portability and low price the machines offer.
In fact, the latest figures from DisplaySearch show that netbooks accounted for a full 20% of the notebooks shipped for Q1 2009. The netbook category is booming and today we are going to look at one of the more odd entries into the category. The OCZ Neutrino is billed as a DIY netbook. The amount of DIY that the machine requires is likely nowhere near as much as your average PC enthusiast is used to undertaking.
Haters will point out that the sales price of the Neutrino is more than buying a standard netbook when you figure in the cost of the components that the machine doesn't include. However, OCZ is very clear on who exactly the Neutrino is designed for. Is the OCZ Neutrino for you? That really depends on what you expect and what sort of gear you have laying around your home. For the right user the OCZ Neutrino may be the perfect netbook. Read on for all the details.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Neutrino Up Close]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - iTunes Encoding, Movie Encoding & Battery Life]
- Page 6 [Hands on Use]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- Lian Li Lancool II Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate FireCuda 520 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 SSD Review
- Improve your PC performance with ASUS RAMCache III and DDR4 RAM
- Crucial X8 1TB Portable SSD Review
- Kingdom Under Fire II impressions: Burning bright
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit