J&W is a relatively unknown company to us here at TweakTown. However, that doesn't stop us from looking at anyone's products. In fact, the computer industry needs some fresh blood to stir up the big names. ASRock did this when their motherboards hit the market, showing some initiative and good overall designs. ASRock boards are extremely popular in the value and budget sectors, where ECS used to rule the roost.
Looking at J&W's homepage, we learnt that the company was founded back in 1994. So while a young company in the grand scheme of things, they have been around in the shadows, mainly as an nForce motherboard partner. However, it's now evident in today's market you simply can't put all your eggs in one basket, especially in motherboards and graphics cards; you just can't survive on one brand alone.
Today we have our very first J&W motherboard based around the Intel X48 chipset. No big surprise here on the choice of chipset due to its maturity and presence as an enthusiast oriented piece of kit. But how well does it compare to the likes of the even newer P45 based offerings? Let's find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- Lian Li Lancool II Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate FireCuda 520 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 SSD Review
- Improve your PC performance with ASUS RAMCache III and DDR4 RAM
- Crucial X8 1TB Portable SSD Review
- Kingdom Under Fire II impressions: Burning bright
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit