Today, ASUS officially posted a BIOS update for its socket LGA2011 motherboards that ushers in support for Intel's Core i7 Ivy Bridge-E processors. To install the update, users need an old LGA2011 processor, or they can choose to use the ASUS USB BIOS Flashback utility which requires no CPU or RAM to flash the BIOS. Just a 24pin ATX connector.
The P9X79 series, ROG Rampage series, and TUF Sabertooth X79 series are all supported and Ivy Bridge-E support is denoted by the following BIOS Versions:
- P9X79 LE, P9X79, P9X79 Pro, and P9X79 Deluxe - BIOS version number 4301
- ROG Rampage IV Extreme and Rampage IV Gene - BIOS version number 4401
- ROG Rampage IV Formula - BIOS version number 4402
- TUF Sabertooth X79 - BIOS version number 4309
To download your corresponding BIOS update, head over to Source #1 below.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- >> NEXT STORY: Mark Zuckerberg launches Internet.org, wants entire world online
- << PREVIOUS STORY: QNAP launches new Tower VS-2100 Pro+ series VioStor NVR for SMBs