VisionTek is a provider of AMD video cards, and specializes in their products and delivery primarily inside the United States. VisionTek not only offers the basic AMD lineup, but they also really spice up their extreme high-end offerings with built-in water cooling blocks, and even kits to water cool their customized video cards.
This type of commitment to the ultra-high-end really makes VisionTek shine in a way other graphics vendors don't typically shine. Today I will look at one of VisionTek's consumer level video cards with a really hefty cooler, and take it through my process of analysis.
The VisionTek R9 290 features the AMD Hawaii GPU, and is basically a standard R9 290 4GB card in terms of what features it offers, including the GPU and memory clocks, which are stock at 947MHz on the core and 1250MHz on the memory (5000MHz GDDR5 effective). However, many manufacturers have taken to upgrading the heat sinks, as AMD has locked down much of the voltage control of these GPUs.
VisionTek has done a really nice job in this regard, the heat sink utilizes some really huge heat pipes, and there are two fans on the radiator. Not only does VisionTek provide a really hefty cooler, they also provide a backplate for extra protection. R9 290s aren't cheap products, and thus this level of protection shows how much VisionTek cares about its products' endurance. The backplate also gives it a nice look considering GPUs' sit upside-down in most cases.
PRICING: You can find the VisionTek R9 290 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The VisionTek R9 290 retails for $388.63 at Amazon.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- Got game version
- TeamGroup T-Force Cardea Zero Z440 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 SSD Review
- MyDigitalSSD SBXe 480GB NVMe Review
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (Zen 2) Processor Review
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit