Editor Note: Intel or GIGABYTE did not sanction this preview in any way. We are posting this well ahead of launch since some other well-known tech sites have already covered Ivy Bridge performance and the CPU is readily available and for sale right now.
We just finished testing the upcoming Intel Core i5 3570k Ivy Bridge processor from Intel and we really thought that's where we'd be leaving it with a look at the upcoming Ivy Bridge series. Literally as we just finished putting the finishing touches on that article, though, the upcoming i7 3770K arrived.
With our brand new GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H already sitting there, it was simply a matter of pulling our Corsair H100 off, sliding the i5 3570k out and installing the new i7 3770k. There's not a whole lot of detail that we need to go into when it comes to the new processor as this is a preview of what to expect and not a full review.
When the CPU officially launches next month we'll check it out it more detail, but for now we hope to get a good idea of what exactly is going on with the new model. In our original preview we took a closer look at the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H motherboard we used in our testing. For that reason if you want to check out the new GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H in some more detail, hit up our original coverage.
So with all that said, we can really just get into the testbed side of things and go over the other CPUs that will be included in our review today. We'll also take a look at the CPU-Z and AIDA64 information on the CPU before we of course get into the performance side of things.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7 and HyperPi]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH, Adobe Lightroom and MediaEspresso]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11 and Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 8 [Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Test Oct
- Microsoft sees up tick in Surface sales, iPad sales plummet
- Test on new server
- Test 3rd month
- Nish Nov Test
- Patriot Scorch 512GB NVMe SSD Review
- LaCie Rugged 1TB NVMe SSD Review
- WD Black D10 Game Drive for Xbox 12TB Review
- Got game version
- BIOSTAR showcases Gaming Z170X Intel Skylake Motherboard at Computex - Available this August
- ECS Racing Track Booth Takes Computex 2015 by Storm!
- PLANTRONICS' NEW MODULAR RIG 500 SERIES GAMING HEADSETS
- Update: MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- TomTom announces publicly available test map data for Highly Automated Driving in Metro Detroit